Maintaining Gel Nails:
- Do not pick or try to remove the gel for your own
- Do not trim nails with a clipper – this can cause the gel to lift from the nail
- Do not lift heavy items with your fingers if you have long nails
- Use cuticle oil daily. However, skip cuticle oil the day of your gel manicure appointment
- Clean your hand properly especially under your nails with small brush and soap
- If you have any lifting call us for an appointment to fix that nail to prevent bacteria from entering the nail
Every 2-4 weeks clients will need to come in to have gel nails maintained.
Most gel clients can easily go 3-4 weeks between fills. However, it can be beneficial to start out with 2-week intervals until we see how you adapt to the gel nail.
As time progresses the intervals can be extended to 3 or 4 weeks. The key is consistency and regularly scheduled appointments. Nails should be filled before they start to show signs of distress, such as breaks, cracks or lifts.